Does the editor understand my field of study?
All Scribbr editors are language experts with interests in different subject areas.
You can indicate your field of study when you upload your document. We’ll make sure that the editor who proofreads your work is familiar with your discipline and its specialist vocabulary.
These are the fields of study you can choose from, and examples of the main subjects in each field:
- Business and Management: Business Administration, Hotel Management, Accountancy, Marketing
- Economics: Business Economics, Econometrics, Finance
- IT and Engineering: ICT, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Applied Mathematics, Civil Engineering, Industrial Design, Electrical Engineering
- Natural and Life Sciences: Biomedical Sciences, Biology, Chemistry
- Geography, Agriculture and Environment: Ecology, Earth Sciences, Environmental Studies, Urban Planning
- Health and Medical Sciences: Medicine, Obstetrics, Pharmacy, Nutrition, Dentistry
- Arts and Humanities: Philosophy, History, Literature, Cultural Studies, Theology
- Law and Policy: Law, Political Science, Public Policy, Human Rights
- Social and Behavioral Sciences: Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Communication Sciences
Editors don’t have to be experts in the content of your paper, but they do know how to present it in the best way possible! Our goal is to improve your writing and give you feedback on the readability, structure, logic, and clarity of your text. We know from experience that the most effective editors are specialists in language and academic writing.
We’ve carefully selected and trained all of our editors to proofread theses and other academic documents. Once they’re qualified, we continue to carefully monitor their work to make sure we always deliver the highest quality.